Saturday, August 11, 2012

Still here in Colorado

 July 29, 2012
Well here it is July and guess what I am doing? Still caring for my now 89 year old mother who is presently living at a hospice facility which is requiring us to hire personal caregivers to be with her 24/7. So my sister and I are taking one of the shifts - it has been an 8 hour afternoon in to evening shift, but beginning tomorrow we will do the over night shift - 9 pm to 9 am!
What a trip it has been...negotiating the elder care system in this country. Very crazy!

I posted this post in the wrong place on the site. So now I figured out how to do it correctly!

Mom's condition has changed again and we are no longer required to have sitters. We are still hiring a sitter for mornings and we are there in late afternoon until she is down for the night. She seems alert when she is awake, only eating ice cream, still continent.
Ken, Kerensa and Danica are here. Ken and I are about to do a short backpacking trip after we drop Danica and Emma off and transport JD to Paonia. Susanna is here to be with Mom while we are up in the mountains.
I will post after that trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment